View Single Post
Old 10-07-2006, 12:58 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile try "some sinus tips", instead of Flonase:

Hi All,

My husband once tried Flonase, and he found it VERY IRRITATING. He stopped using the Flonase very soon after he had first tried it. Then, years later, he came out positive, on Dr. Fine's EnteroLab stool sample testing for gluten sensitivity.

In between his trying the Flonase, and his discovering that he is (non-Celiac) gluten sensitive, I came up with "some sinus tips", which I had mostly found from a good book called "Sinus Survival" by Dr. Robert Ivker.

I put these (some sinus tips) into my website, (Can't Breathe? Suspect Vocal Cord Dysfunction!) on webpage 10. Scroll down to see Appendix A, on webpage 10, at http://cantbreathesuspectvcd.com/page10.html

If these sinus tips help anyone to be able to get off the Flonase (my tips are drug-free), then they won't have to worry about whether there is or isn't gluten in this particular product!

Below the sinus tips, you'll see Appendix B (some gastric reflux tips), where I try to tell people about food protein sensitivities (gluten, casein, corn, soy, etc.), and below this, are some ergonomics tips (which, like with the other tips, I also learned from other people).

At a VCD/vocal cord dysfunction conference in Denver (sponsored by Nat'l Jewish Medical & Research Center), that I attended, one of the speakers said that he thinks most sinus problems come from GASTRIC REFLUX problems. And, gluten sensitivity & other food protein sensitivities, CAN AND DO produce gastric reflux!

So, in my opinion, and from my own experiences (and others' too), I believe that by finding and eliminating foods that one is sensitive to, the reflux should lessen, and this should improve one's sinus conditions.

And, by removing bad things in the air that are also irritating the sinuses, this should also decrease the supposed "need" for Flonase, etc.

And, a good ENT may also find other problems that need to be addressed, regarding sinus problems.

However, I also agree with what everyone else wrote, and to me, it's sickening that these mega drug companies won't come clean, and tell anyone who asks, about exactly what's in their products, and exactly what the sources of their ingredients, etc. are!

Carol
http://cantbreathesuspectvcd.com

Last edited by concerned lady; 10-07-2006 at 01:02 PM. Reason: agree with others' annoyance at drug companies' secretive ways
concerned lady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote