View Single Post
Old 02-20-2008, 11:42 AM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelodyL View Post
So now you know the entire story. I know that many mothers can't say no to children. But sometimes you have to learn HOW TO!!

And in this case, she made a very big mistake. She lost a friend.

So this is not a case of two people growing apart. This was a case of betrayal. At least this is how I look at it.

Any comments would be most welcome.

Melody
I read your letter, Melody, and, first of all, I want to say that, I completely understand your hurt.....but, betrayal?? How can that be? I think you are way over the boundries of Friendship, here.

I have a friend exactly like that. We are 68 and have been dear friends since the fourth grade and the same with my being a part of her family, even down to her Children calling me Aunt Sally( and still do).

If your scenerio had happened to me, yes, I would be hurt and yes I would be angry, but not with my friend, but with the grown, self sufficient, selvish, user, freeloading Son. How could I be angry with my friend, who was only doing what a Mother has to do. He's the one who needs a good spanking.

I also understand her Children's anger with you, because of the hurt your misunderstanding has caused their Mother.

I'm sorry for your loss of an apartment, but the loss of a dear friend is much more tragic. If It were me ( and it wouldn't be), I would go, on bended knee and ask her forgiveness for being so selvish and thoughtless.

I do wish for you, that your friendship can be salvaged..

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

~If The World Didn't Suck, We Would All Fall Off~
SallyC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote