View Single Post
Old 02-20-2008, 11:42 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I tried Lyrica two or three years ago, but found it didn't help much either. It wasn't until the last year and a half or so, when I started having more RSD symptoms, that I decided to try it again. We started out with 3 75 mg capsules a day, and then upped it to four... I space them out throughout the day to decrease the side effects. I am diabetic, so I understand the concern about blood sugars, but for me to stave off the RSD was important enough to increase my insulin dosages. I recently switched to three 100 mg capsules per day, as I found the side effects had decreased enough that I was willing to try 100 mg at a time. I do have to take hydrochlorothiazide to deal with the fluid retention, but again, to keep the RSD away made it worth it. I'm considering asking about upping the dose, as the RSD seems to be a little less in control.

I believe the upper end dosage is 600 mg daily... I am at 300, so I'm halfway there. I just hope I don't have to max it out too soon. I know when I was down at 150 mg it did nothing for me.... other than make me dizzy. I do have some problems with blurred vision, but not enough to be concerning. Again, risk versus benefit...
Donna7 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote