Thread: Greetings
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2008, 01:07 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Greetings

I was diagnosed with an autoimmune peripheral neuropathy called anti-MAG neuropathy about 7 years ago when I was only 45. It took quite a while to get the right diagnosis as it is somewhat rare. I finally found a neurologist in Iowa City (U. of Iowa Hospitals) who had provided care for about 6 patients with this condition. My symptoms were numbness in my fingertips, toes and loss of balance and fine motor control. The worst symptom has been the burning of my hands and feet that gets really bad when I get warm. I thought I might have a vitamin B12 deficiency. After lots of testing and blood work, the diagnosis was made and my treatments started. I got IVIg infusions that seemed to help with symptom improvement initially. I have moved to a cooler climate which has helped my burning symptoms. The neurologist I go to now has never provided care for someone with my condition. I take neurontin and requip at night and cymbalta in the morning for symptom relief. Anyone else out their with this condition? I'd love to hear from you.
NancyKay is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote