View Single Post
Old 02-20-2008, 01:14 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by momXseven View Post
Sorry you have to go back, I had to go a 2nd time also (still don't have any word if this is ON or not).
I hope your next visit goes well and fast.
I just got it confirmed. It's optic neuritis.

*multiple swear words being grumbled under breath*

I'm ticked.

He did tell me that it's still early in this case of ON, and that it might (probably will) get worse in the next several days. (worse? worse would be if it goes like it did the first time I had ON!!)

Right now, I dont have any blind spots, altho new today, red light looks fuzzy in the newly ON eye and it looks sharp and clear in the other eye.

So, I guess I should not be surprised if my right eye develops blind spots in the next few days.

If it does get blind spots, or if the pain increases, he told me to call him up and I would be getting hooked up to the IV solumedrol for a couple of days and then they'll give me the ever unpleasant oral prednisone. (yuck!)

I'm very unhappy about this. Good thing I used some of that Trazodone (anti-depressant/sleeping pill) last night.

I think I'll need the antidepressant properties of the Trazodone more than the sleeping pill effects. I only took 1/4 of the pill last night. Gosh, did that work great to help me sleep. I'm not sure why I was scared to take it before. I'm pretty happy to find out that 1/4 of that pill was more than enough to help me sleep. I think I'd still be out if I had taken the whole pill.
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote