View Single Post
Old 02-20-2008, 03:57 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

That's okay... Appologies accepted. THe joke is kinda funny now that I think about it.

RD42.. That was a real bummer. When I was first diagnosed with "focal dystonia" I went bonkers and bought a Schimmel Vogel 177T grand piano. It's not a Bosie or Steingraeber, but it's still a fairly good instrument. I was using a digital prior to this and was planning on getting a real grand anyway because I didn't know how long I could play. Prior to the Technics, I had a really bad upright that was falling apart and it fell apart on me one day.

What I hate about this "condition", if we want to be night about it, is that good day bad day thing. My right hand is getting slower now, way more so than the left, and this drives me bonkers because on the good days, everything will fall into place like there wasn't anything wrong, then the next day comes and nothing works with complete finger confusion, stiffness, and other issues.

@Neil - I too work in the IT industry and spend a good time typing rather than writing, and I to do the one finger thing quite often although I used to be a touch typist especially when my fingers get confused and I start transposing letters and numbers.

My younger brother has a funny saying about typing. He works in the graphics industry as a graphic designer so he has to do a lot of typesetting. He says that he can type at least 100 wpm. The only thing is he has to hit the Backspace key at least once every minute to fix the typos.

John
jcitron is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote