View Single Post
Old 02-20-2008, 04:15 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default whew, that'sa lot

Hon, far as what yer going through, lemme say I feel you!!!! Far as whether to keep up with your currently active lifestyle. I'd say within reason go for it. However, get yourself an excellent NS and/or NL to confer with on those activities. Remember, your sense of balance is off, so you might not wanna go on extensive bike rides, unless you have a partner with you incase you get into trouble. Personally for me, heavy lifting increases symptoms, so I try not to do it (although repetitive lifting of light weight has the same affect as well, so *shrugs*).

I can understand how "mild" symptoms can possibly be as dibilitating in their own right, as more "serious" symptoms. When my symptoms were severe, people were jumping to help at every possible instant. Sometimes I had to even defend my own personal right to do what I COULD do. But after surgery, with more mild symptoms on a daily basis.... what I hear more often than not is, dont worry about it so much, buck up and just do it, get yerself together and stop feeling sorry for yourself etc. etc. etc.

Anyway, I've written about my personal Chiari experiance in a previous thread if you want to browse through it. If ya have any questions, dont be afraid to ask.

God Bless you!!!!

Dawn