View Single Post
Old 02-20-2008, 04:24 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

make sure you search on it here and in www.hastypasty's braintalk (google for URL). I have heard that it never stops pain completely because you still need to take long acting opiates, but when sucessful you can take much less.
I have also heard that a high percentage of people get it taken out because it does not help or causes problems itself.
Lastly, some doctors over prescribe it thinking they can stop dealing with having to prescribe opiates. This kind of doctor often hasn't done enough studying and you should get a second opinion.
I was happy to hear that you got a test first to see if you would be helped by a SCS. What is the test?
Good luck
Jane
1994 broke neck lifting dad - misdiagnosed 4 yrs by HMO as carpal tunnel and malingerer (!) Lamination with titanium 97 - full Central Sensitization by 2000. Now get meninges inflammatory attacks that cause venous occusions leaving me concussed or writhing without enough time to recuperate. Can't wait for Clifford Woolfe's selective painkiller for only nerves in pain. Now on Methadone, bacofen, etc. usual effects
gizmogirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote