View Single Post
Old 02-20-2008, 08:21 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Have you been to an Opthamologist?? An MD for the eye......??? It sounds like it could just plain & simply be dry eyes. I have dry eyes BUT they do tear alot & feel like I have sand in them. The tears are NOT the correct consistancy to keep they eye lubricated properly. I know tearing alot doesn't sound like dry eyes but it can be. And it is annoying. The pain can be from the rubbing or even just blotting the moisture away. I have Sjogrens Syndrome & one way of dx'ing Sjogrens is by having dry eyes. I have dealt with this since 1997, dry eyes that is. Back then my eyes would just split open from being dry. That is called having a corneal tear. And back then the only way to fix it would be to redamage the eye to make it start to heal. These darn tears in the cornea would hurt, but would not heal on there own. The only way to make them heal would be like I said to redamage them. And ON MY GOSH. Talk about pain???? YIKES !!! After the numbing eye drops would wear off. ohhhhhhhh I wish someone had beat him up, the eye doctor that is *L*

I now take Evoxac which helps my dry mouth due to having Sjogren's, but it also helps my dry eyes. My tears are of a better consistancy than they are when I wasn't taking Evoxac. I also take Flax Seed Oil. The Omega 3's are wonderful for your eyes also. That I can't take as I end up with a horrible stomache ache, and I mean pain, not just an upset stomache either. Anyway I hope this was helpful. Any other questions about my eyes go ahead & PM me.

Take care,
DebbyV
Debby is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote