View Single Post
Old 02-20-2008, 09:21 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by srutgers View Post
Hey girl, congratulations on your sucess and that you are pain free. I hope you don't mind if I ask you a couple of questions. You said your still not sure if you actually had RSD. I was wondering if the pain was the major symptom- or if you had other probelms as well. I had very severe rsd that has spread from my right oleg, to the left, and the left hand. The only thing is I have other major symptoms- it is not just objctive pain. My legs change color so much you might as well be watching an art show, they swell, especially my right one, in strange patterns, and I have dystonia, autonomic problems- and deformities in my limb. It is only my opinion- but I believe that real real rsd will come along with othber symptoms as well. I feel like if you didn't experience any other symptoms besides just pain- it should be questionable whether you had actual rsd or not. I am glad you are doing well and pain free. That's a miracle and a blessing. What other problems and complications did you have from it at the time?

ps. My background is in kinesiology and nutrition and I worked in the health in fitness industry in patient recovery for years before getting rsd, so suprisingly I am very knowledgable and informed about anatomy, physiology and health in general despite my condition- in fact I think that is why I've been able to deal with it so well.
Thanks for the well wishes.

Yes, I had all the autonomic problems - almost everything on the checklist except for swelling. In fact, the initial ankle sprain never caused much swelling at all.

The explaination was that the nerve entrapment cause my entire nervous system to become hyperactive. This caused a rippling effect of neurological symptoms throughout my body - the same symptoms as RSD. In fact, lightning storms would make my body go into twitches and jolts! It was very painful to experience and I looked bizarre.

I too am very medical and this explaination does make alot of sense - it is logical. My entire system was thrown out of balance.

Hope,
Lisa
lisashea is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Sandel (02-20-2008), tayla4me (02-21-2008)