View Single Post
Old 02-21-2008, 01:40 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreambeliever128 View Post
I really don't know what I am dealing with at this point. I do have TOS and RSD and I am thinking this is more from the TOS but my Dr. says he thinks I have arthritis in my neck and chest.

I do know I have disc messed up in my neck and back. I would have to go through my records to see which ones but I am dealing with a lot of pain and a severe headache. I never have headaches so this is new to me.

I was wondering if any of you have arthritis of the neck and what kind of meds seem to help for neck pain. I am on Methadone for RSD but it's not helping with this pain.

Thanks for the help.

Ada
Hi Ada, I have been diagnosed with arthritis of the neck-doctor says neck is just worn out, so that was a comfort.
My pain starts at lower neck and spreads across the shoulders. Severe pain often at left rear skull on bump, and then at top of neck where it meets the skull.
I have cortisone shots now which give good relief.
When that has worn off though, it is a bit of a battle to find meds that work. My usual one is Tramadol 50mg every 4 hours, but have found that it keeps me awake if taken at night. So I then use a codeine/paracetamol/muscle relaxant-Mersyndol- at night. I also take Restavit at night to help me sleep. Sleeping is still a problem as I'm always waking to alter position-sore shoulder, back or neck. This poor sleep leads to a fuzzy head during the day.On the rare occasions that I have a good sleep I feel much better.
I think that the constant neck soreness leads to a degree of muscle tension too, so a muscle relaxant is needed.
I fill my days in thinking about medications......
Peter B is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote