Thread: not doing well
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2008, 11:23 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default not doing well

Hi everyone

I just wanted to post a short message letting you know how my post op time is going.

The last few days have been miserable and I am so tired of pain that I can't stand it anymore. I got so mad the other day that I started kicking things, crying and screaming. I just can't take it anymore. Even with all the medication I'm on I still have pain and it's worse than it was before the surgery. I can only talk for a little while before I have so much pain that I can't move. The whole area around my incision is sore and I can't even touch it. I have constant aching around the shoulder in the back of my head. I get headaches from hell and they just don't stop. It's at the base of my head where it starts and all around my neck just flares up in pain. I would like to detach my head if I could. It hurts so bad that I can not open my eyes or move. I try to massage the area and when pressing in certain areas it actually helps it go away. I am still getting excruciating nerve pain that is in the neck and shoulder along with numbness on the surface of my chest and neck. It is the craziest feeling. I can't feel my fingers when I touched the area but yet the pain is just unbearable. I honestly don't know what happened! I cannot move my arm if I try to use it in any light motion to pain shoots right up to my neck. I still in dealing with the cold hand in color changes but it's worse than before surgery.

I have really bad sharp pain in the right side shoulder blade. That seems to be where a lot of my pain coming from because anytime I moved my armoh my it hurts. It's where if you go from your shoulder and go down into your back its right where you're arm and shoulder kind of connect. It's hard to describe but it's basically been in my back below the shoulder just touching that area is so darn painful . Can anyone tell me why that area would hurt so bad. It hurt before the surgery and always felt like knotted muscles there but even massages didn't do anything. The pain is just so bad and it moves into my shoulder so I wonder was something missed? He said he freed up all my nerves. I got a copy of the operative report stating that all four nerve roots were encased in scar tissue and also the scaling muscles do not look so The one muscle had atrophy and he removed to scaling muscles that were pressing down on the nerves. He told me at the hospital that he felt I would have a good outcome but what the heck?

I still have all the same pain I had before and new pain that is 10 times worse! I totally regret having the surgery now and I'm so upset. I don't know if there is something else that is causing the problem. I did make one boo-boo the other day. My husband and I got in a fight and I got really ****** off and took my rings off then threw them (with my right hand of course) which was totally stupid But I wasn't thinking. I just took it and threw it and boy did I have pain. It was a shock instantly right to my neck. After that my kids and I went for a walk but I felt pain the whole night. So I am also worried that by doing something stupid cause damage somewhere. Something is wrong because I shouldn't be in so much pain. Everyone else sees it because I'm all hunched over and just can't move.

I see the surgeon tomorrow and also my pain management doctor. The meds just don't even seem to be working anymore so now what? I'd like to detach my arm and head. I think that's the only solution at this point.

Sorry for all the depressing news but I hope everyone has a great day

Momz

Wishing I could think more positive and be well again!
momzpeachy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
astern (02-21-2008)