View Single Post
Old 02-21-2008, 12:14 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

OMG! I had an after thought.

You idea is good and I don't know how to explain this but . . .

I have seen over and over in many forums (not just MS) people who are seeking information. Now, this is a good thing but in the wrong hands, so to speak, it can be detrimental to both the patient and the doc. In this case, a "public" list would not be a good idea.

An example would be that if a MSer states that they constantly have cold feet. Someone "seeking" an illness and/or an "answer" may read that and think they really do have MS because they have cold feet too and that all the docs must be wrong. So, to them this is an MS symptom and they go to several neuro's even though cold feet may be a symptom of many, many other conditions. The reality could be that they don't have MS but a vascular condition.

We would all like to think that docs don't make mistakes but they too are human. However, it would be sad if someone got a wrong diagnosis because they presented themselves with all the symptoms they saw on the internet for that particular disease.

Why someone would want to choose MS is beyond me. Heck, if I had a choice there are other chronic conditions that I would chosen. Why subject myself to daily shots or even interferons that can damage my liver, a slew of medications, MRI's, IVSM, quarterly neuro appointments, a team of docs that don't always agree, etc. just because I wanted MS.

Sorry if that sounds negative but, I keep seeing some of this over and over on different sites.
tkrik is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
lady_express_44 (02-21-2008), the Bird (02-21-2008)