View Single Post
Old 02-21-2008, 02:33 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks for the input. I do appreciate how gentle you were in wording your citicism of my idea.

While I agree, you certainly would attract individuals seeking.... attention... validation...diagnosis...whatever, by putting more specific symptom information out there, the information for the hypochondriacs and others is already all over the internet. You may have found it there--I know that's where I went for info.

With this being a little more detailed, though, I think you're right, it should be kept off the net. I think there is good reason much of the info provided on the net is non specific.

My idea was to help patients describe their symptoms to a doctor. Something along the lines of the pain scale, but more detailed. Genearlly we can describe pain fairly well: dull, sharp, burning. And we don't have much trouble indicating if an area feels cold or (weirdest of weird) wet. But some of the more vague symptoms of MS are much more difficult to describe and I was just grasping at ideas to improve that.

I'm still walking upright and six feet above ground.
Catch is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote