View Single Post
Old 10-07-2006, 05:06 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default PT type question

Matt saw his PT 2 weeks ago with the plan to do stretches, add night splint and more regular use of afo and to return in 3 months. If there hasn't been noticable improvement in that time frame, I'd agree to a botox consult to be followed, tentatively, by serial casting.

Well, instead, I called the PT and asked for an appt this week. I don't see botox as being necessary but I don't like how his gait has changed with the regular use of the new afo.

His upper body used to posture on the right side when learning something new or running but hasn't done that for ages/years. Now he kinda holds his shoulders up, his arms slightly out and bent out at the elbows with his lower arms more or less hanging down limp (slight bend at the wrist). kinda ragdoll like.

In addition, his heel isn't striking the floor on the right side and he kinda shuffles along, or lilts if that is actually a word.

Matt is a right hemi but always so mild most wouldn't notice much of anything. not anymore.

so, people talk growth spurts but that doesn't really seem to be the case right now.

I don't know what I want to ask the PT. I just want to point my finger and say look what is happening!!! what do we do?!!! but if she goes back to botox my dh won't be pleased and I don't yet believe that is the right thing to do.

Is this a common posture for an 8yr old with mild cp?

i've got horseback riding in mind as a help but winter is coming........

??????

lucinda
lucinda is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote