View Single Post
Old 10-07-2006, 05:08 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default thoughts on DBS

battery life is good, mine still test as good and they have been in since Oct. 2002.

There are three types of people when it comes to DBS.

some people have got no idea,,and dont want to know...so be it.
others are curious but sitting on the fence, maybe yes maybe no.
others want it yesterday.
You have to ask yourself, do I have an acceptable quality of life? Or am I going between dyskinesia and freezing, taking bucketloads of emotionally altering drugs??

it's a quality of life issue.

if you go with a proven program, your chances of successful DBS are at 90% Plus now.

I decided a DBS was for me when I realized the reason my knees were hurting was because I was reduced to crawling around the house at night.

All I can tell you I'd do it all again in a heartbeat. The 5 surgeries, the infection, the explant, the PIC lines, the month in the hospital.
DBS is that good. Sure there is a 2% chance of complications. You could get hit by a bus crossing the street too.

The unknown is scary for many. When you are no longer scared of the thought, its time for a DBS.When you have NO quality of life, it no longer becomes a question of "IF" but rather a question of "WHEN".
DBS works for the vast majority of us. It has been proven to be better than meds at managing one's symptoms.

It simply is a quality of life issue.

remember though, your PD CAN get bad enough to were a DBS will not be effective.

Charlie
chasmo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote