View Single Post
Old 10-07-2006, 05:08 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Caregivers Support

Hello to all you that are caregivers, even if it's part time or full time it is hard to deal with at times.

This is how I became aware of help for those that cared for the ones with neuro problems. I did a search, MGH came up first, so I checked it out.

My MIL has Alzheimers Disease and we, as in my husband and myself have been trying to learn how to cope with this as well as help MIL to adjust and sometimes that was on a constant base.

I saw a Alzheimer's Chat, I entered the room and that is where I stayed for years, until BT started making changes.

There were about 10 to 12 people there that night, male and female. We were all trying to learn to cope. We met as often as possible, but we could leave notes if we didn't find someone until later.

This dozen or so people stuck together, shared what we had learned doing research as well as shared the different aspects of this horrible disease. I will continue this later. a span of 10 years, well it could get quiet long.

I thought some would like to hear from others how they coped with their LO,s as things progessed. will continue latter. Jo
JoJo6 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote