Thread: Fioricet
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2006, 05:34 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsd View Post
Can you clarify the inositol use? What exactly is it doing for you?

All 3 of us here in this house, are using it, and find it very useful.

My son especially has greatly reduced anxiety, and same for my husband, only less so.

I use it for insulin resistance.

What dose do you use?

I am finding papers on it regarding alleviating depression too.
I drink A LOT of coffee and I know what it does in regards to inositol. By a lot, I mean I average 3-5 pots per day. I know it is weird considering my seizure disorder, but I actually have more seizures without it.

I try to keep my 'bad habits' (coffee) in mind and do research regarding any negative side effects from it. I found information about inositol initially when looking for some tips about MVP (which I do not treat). My seizure medication seems to have resolved the increased anxiety episodes I had with MVP, as did the inositol. I heard it has helped many women with PMS type symptoms, but mine are fairly extreme so I haven't had much luck on that part.

I wish more people knew about it. I have my mother taking it now, as she is quite a coffee drinker, too.

It's rare I find anyone who knows what it is, how exciting! My doctor was excited that I was taking it on my own without any doctors telling me about it. Thank goodness for the internet or I'd be clueless.

Ellie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote