View Single Post
Old 10-07-2006, 06:02 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by christine bauman View Post
I asked my doctor for a script for this and his reply was no, they haven't done a trial and a small trial doesn't cost much. I have secondary progressive and wondered if anyone knew why a trial has never been done??
Hi Christine. First of all, your Doc is old fashioned and a wimp. Naltrexone, at low doses (LDN - 3 to 4.5mg) can do no harm, and with the many PWMS on the drug, and loving it, should be enough proof for your Doc to prescribe it for you.

Naltrexone has been FDA approved, at much higher doses (50 to 300mg for the control of drug addiction and alcoholism. It has not been in a lrge Dbl Blind Study for MS, because there is no money in it for Big Pharma, since naltrexone is already an approved drug and is now generic and cheap.

I did mention that there have been some small successful trials done, by interested Docs in the UK. I am only interested in bigger trial being done, because of doubting Docs like yours. As far as I'm concerned, we LDNers have done our own successful trial, and are here to tell about it.

Not scientific, but there you have it. Tell your Doc, that it does no harm and just may help you. That, along with the anticdotal evidence from us, should be all he/she needs to write a script. Unless he/she is one of those close minded Docs, who never thinks outside the box.

Good luck Christine and go to the LDN homepage and ask your Doc to do the same.

"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost

~If The World Didn't Suck, We Would All Fall Off~
SallyC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote