View Single Post
Old 02-21-2008, 07:40 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

i told my co-workers, all nurses, because they knew i was undergoing tests.
i also couldn't hide the gait problem i had. that was in '03. by '05 i had to resign because of the physical inability to do my job.

along the way i asked for a few reasonable accommodations to which i was granted by mgment. however, i later found out that my co-workers were unhappy and felt they had a bigger load because of me. they complained and i was talked about behind my back. something i detest to this day. no one was woman enuf to talk to me. neither were my charge nurses.

i ultimately feel that documentation was being amassed behind my back which would have led to my eventual firing. and i worked with these people in life and death situations for 18 yrs. yes, i'm a little ******.

my advice to you would be this. think carefully about your work situation.
once the words are out of your mouth you can't take them back, but you can always tell.

friends and family i told and got a lot of loving support. the above advice holds true here too.
You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here.
And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.
--------------------------------------
"DESIDERATA" by Max Ehrmann
NurseNancy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote