View Single Post
Old 10-07-2006, 06:25 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Bladder Problems

I posted this on the other braintalk and have not had a response yet. Anyone here have a problem with urine retention?
About 6 weeks ago I ended up going to the ER at 4 am because my bladder was full and I couldn't urinate. Since that time I have been having to self-cath several times a day in order to try and empty my bladder. I went to a urologist and he did tests and found I have a bladder stone. I have to have surgery and he will break it up with a laser. The urologist said the stone is caused by not emptying my bladder and that not being able to empty my bladder is caused by the Parkinson's. Well, I talked to my neuro this week and he said Parkinson's doesn't cause that. My sister found on the internet that urine retention is a rare side effect of Mirapex. The neuro had not seen it before, but found that it is listed a possible side effect. Has anyone else had this problem? My neuro is taking me off Mirapex and putting me on Stalevo. Hopefully that will solve my problem and I won't have to self-cath anymore.
Chicory is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote