Old 02-22-2008, 08:23 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniella View Post
Thanks but I am taking 4 is that ok and good? Also I am sorry to beat a dead horse but I am having a hard time with my pain issue and I was wondering if you could look over my list of daily supp and tell me what I should add or take away. Thanks a million.
womens multi
calcium 600 with vitamin d -2 a day
mag glycinate 400mg but split in 2 doses
glucosamine msn 2 a day
vitamin c 500mg
kaprex 2 a day split doses
fish oil 2 a day 1200mg

I was going to add b complex in but I thought it used to contribute to my dizzy feeling but that could be wrong and my b12 level is 1500 to 2000 depending.The kaprex I know there is little data but could this in any way be harmful if taking 2 daily for ever. Is epa dha 6:1 better then the reg fish oil. The fish oil I take is by nature made but the epa:dha is by metagenics and says it is a minor pain support Thanks so much.
Sorry, don't have experience with Kaprex...but it strikes me as similar to Limbrel (on RX). How it works is by improving inflammation, which is what the fish oil also does. There are studies coming out now that glucosamine does not work wonders (if at all).
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/sh...ht=glucosamine

However, I know people who swear by it. It didn't do much for me.
If you make your own chicken soup --with chicken complete with bones, and simmer out all the connective tissue parts, you get far more than a glucosamine pill has. And you get dinner with it!

If you D is low --how much D are you taking in that cal/D tablet? You will far more D than is typically in mixtures like that.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote