View Single Post
Old 10-07-2006, 10:48 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Okay...here is my experience...which is interesting due to the timeline.

1988...first symptom of PD...pill rolling right thumb and hand tremor.

In June 2003 I was abruptly sent from my Internist office to the hopsital. My glucose was near 700 and I was days away from being in the ICU if I had not seen the doc that day. Until THAT day, no one had checked my glucose lever...never, ever. Today I am a Lantus in the a.m. user and Novolog bolus during the day user, if needed, which I usually don't need. I keep my A1C under 6!

How does this correlate?

Well, you see my year of initial symptoms. When I reflect back upon my diabetic symptoms...sweating, thirst, urination, etc...I can track them back at least 10 to 15 years.

Apparently I was eating resonably so my diabetes was not detected until I was loosing my vision and was so weak that I could not stand without a cane for more then a minute or two. My diabetic symptoms worsened over the period of a year.

It is only in the past year or two that physicians have begun to routinely test glucose level along with annual cholestoral...about time!!...considering the diabetic peril the American population is in these days.
You're alive. Do something. The directive in life, the moral imperative was so uncomplicated. It could be expressed in single words, not complete sentences. It sounded like this: Look. Listen. Choose. Act. ~~Barbara Hall

I long to accomplish a great and noble tasks, but it is my chief duty to accomplish humble tasks as though they were great and noble. The world is moved along, not only by the mighty shoves of its heroes, but also by the aggregate of the tiny pushes of each honest worker. ~~Helen Keller
Stitcher is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote