View Single Post
Old 02-22-2008, 11:00 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenjeans View Post
Amoung other things, I have a bone spur in my L-Spine. The medical community says that we should have no pain from this, but I beg to differ. Any other opinions about this out there?

I've done the meds, and in PT now, but I don't see the PT fixing my spot...all I have to do is house cleaning or shovel snow, and I'm down again.

Thoughts?
Lumbar is a lot different from C spine (which is my bag) but one thing holds tue for both; what a PCP or neuro says is not going to be what a pain clinic says, or what a neuro surgeon says. you are gonna get a different story frm each of those people on you situation.

Which is confusing, yes, but it gives you options too.

Bone spurs can cause sx including pain depending on their size and what they're poking at. Even if it doesn't look that way on film. And like with brain lesions, a lot does not show up on film - like disc bulges, early on.

Nobody gets their hands dirty with my pain like the pain clinic, so I am always on that pain clinic bandwagon. Especially when it comes to all things spiney. It's the first place to go before (and even probably after ) you have to have spinal surgery.

And the other docs did not send me there - I told them I needed to go and found it myself.