View Single Post
Old 02-22-2008, 12:30 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default FCE and delayed pain?

Hi there, I also have an FCE scheduled soon for Unum with an OT and was wondering what to expect. I was wondering if it would not be wise to get a little flared before the exam....you know, so you're on the edge, versus resting up for it.

they scheduled mine exactly two weeks after a scalenectomy surgery for TOS, so I have a lifting restriction of 5 lbs which goes until after the test....and I have less range of motion, etc because I am healing. I guess that's convenient? Or stupid on their part, not sure which.

I was planning to ask in the beginning....just be forthright and say hey, i can do almost anything once or twice...but there is a exertion/time equation that says "if i want to function tomorrow, i have to be careful today" In other words, I can lift 5 pounds reliably each day several times, but if I lift 10+ pounds i can only do it a few times, more than 15 i can only do it once or twice. I only know this from experience...and each activity in my day has been a learning experience as to how much i can handle...

I don't know how this will go over. I expect that by the end of the scheduled 4 hours i'll be pretty fatigued, i don't "go" for that long in a normal day without problems.

if anyone else has comments on this i would really appreciate hearing them.

thanks
Johanna

johannakat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote