View Single Post
Old 02-22-2008, 12:34 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Home Security???

I was curious if anyone here had alarm systems for their home. A year ago my wife and I moved into a home with a security system. The system was not monitored and we recently decided it might be a good idea. the reason why...

My van (which is parked in the driveway) was broken into on Tuesday and my expensive digital camera was stolen. I know a house alarm wouldn't have prevented that but it got me thinking about security and safety.

I am in a wheelchair and if I am in my computer room (where I spend 12 + hours a day) and someone were to break in, I am in trouble. I talked to the alarm company and they said since it is here, and in good condition, I can have it activated for $24.00 a month. I also have a key fob to carry around with me since I can't get into the alarm panel within the 60 seconds.

One thing I did do was order two color cameras with infared and night vision that are wireless to a receiver that can connect up to any TV/DVR/Tivo. I plan on hooking one over the garage to the front of the house, one over the front door and hook the receiver up to the TV/DVR in my computer room, that way, when someone comes over, I seem them coming.

So, I am not being paranoid, but I feel safer. I think we are going to activate the alarm system.