View Single Post
Old 02-22-2008, 01:33 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Geez, I hope I don't sound whiney, but my eyes...

I haven't even finished the steroids for my first flare, and my symptoms are coming back. I saw my neuro Tuesday, and she said the steroids can take 30 days to really kick in, and that I may find some of the symptoms are permanent. So ok, I'll wait out those things.

But one thing that wasn't even bothering me at the time of the flare was my eyes. I'd been having blurry vision (virtually constantly for 10 months) which had been dismissed by my optho and both neuros. My optho assured me it was my Fuchs (an eye condition that causes blurriness when you wake and generally clears up after a couple of hours, only mine lasts pretty much all day--unusual, but not unheard of). My evoked potentials for my eyes were only slightly off from normal (don't recall the numbers, but docs didn't find it very significant).

For the past couple of days my blurry vision is back, big time. I have occasional sharp stabbing pains in my eyes and feel pain and pressure behind my eyes. I've had this off and on for I don't know how many years, but this is the worst it's ever been. I couldn't read, couldn't watch TV, I was so uncomfortable last night.

This morning I have pain in only my left eye, and I have flashes of light in my right eye and shadows in my left. I also have pain on moving my eyes. I know I should call my neuro, probably see an optho. But do I wait it out for the steroids? Cause, that's the treatment, right?

I'm still walking upright and six feet above ground.
Catch is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote