View Single Post
Old 02-22-2008, 02:06 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I was at the zoo with my boyfriend. Our zoo has a steam engine train that goes around the whole park.

My boyfriend works with his dad in a model train store. He knows several of the engineers who work at the zoo on the train. So, that day one of his friends was there, and they were so cool to give us free rides on the train, and then allowed both me and my boyfriend to ride on the engine. We had to ride separately because there was only room for the two engineers and one other person. It was early April and it was unseasonably warm. It was also extremely hot standing behind the furance in the engine.

I got off the train, and me and my boyfriend went to sit down by the lagoon and just watch the ducks and the monkeys on Monkey Island. I noticed that my thigh was a bit numb and my wallet in my pocket felt strange against my leg.

I thought that I had hurt myself getting on and off the train. I had tripped getting onto the train car earlier, and then also tripped getting off. I tripped getting off the engine too, which was a lot higher up, and I landed hard.

It was weird, and extremely annoying. The numbness spread during the next few months to both hips, both thighs, and to my right knee. I also had a lot of pain in my right hip because I apparently hurt myself when I landed hard getting off the engine. I couldnt get anyone to pay attention to the numbness. I just kept getting told it was a sprain and to put heat on it.
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
sugarboo (02-22-2008)