View Single Post
Old 02-22-2008, 02:17 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I have been having trouble with numb feet for about twenty five years.
I really do not remember the circumstances. I know that numbness in my toes became apparent and I went to the doctor who offered the explanation that it was the capillaries shutting down because I smoked.
The next time I really paid attention was when I felt a constriction in my chest after I had taken a fall while visiting New York City in the spring of
2002. ( my home town. )

It was strange because it was only happening on my right side.
I was starting to get worried when this squeezing seemed to be traveling up into my neck and down my right arm.
Mind you, I still had the partially numb feet that I was totally ignoring and had been for many years. I was subsequently diagnosed in the spring of 2003.

Anyhoo, to make a very long story short, my numbness has continued and now I am numb from my waist down on my right side and from my knee down on my left side.

It is a gradual process. However, it has not progressed since my neurologist had me tested for a B12 deficiency and found I was in desperate straits in that department.
He put me on sub lingual B12 and now I live with a peripheral neuropathy that cannot be reversed. Plus I have MS. I guess it could be worse.

It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what is required.
Sir Winston Churchill (1874 - 1965)

Diagnosed PPMS - February, 2003
Peripheral neuropathy - B12 deficiency
Nevada Leftie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
sugarboo (02-22-2008)