View Single Post
Old 02-22-2008, 03:14 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

It's going well, but I it has been a learning curve for me. The things that are hardest to me are:

1. Learning the medical terminology (you have that)
2. Proper English....like the type you get in college (I didn't go)
3. Formatting

In that order. The course I'm taking gives a choice...one is for those who have a medical background, so you don't have to learn the terminology like I do.....I've had issues with remembering things...but it is slowly sinking in. The good part is they give you 18 months to do all sessions and if you are slower than that, you just let them know you need more time. I'm WAY ahead of the chart...because I spend some 20-30 hours a week on it, rather than 10, like the average WORKING person would do.

The idea in this training is mostly to be able to understand the doc's as they dictate (not always easy) and to recognize words, look them up, spell correctly and use formats that are used throughout the world.

It seems harder than it really is. The tests are actually transcribing....not testing you on terms or word memory.....so to this point, it seems like I'm learning WAY more than I need to to learn the job

Hope that helps!

Wisdom to the soul is what health is to the body
sugarboo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote