View Single Post
Old 02-22-2008, 04:23 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Even tho I'm not DX I'll still tell you how I got to thinking it was MS and put me into a search for a DX on what's going on with me.

About 4 years one day I was driving to the store with a friend of my that had MS (I didn't really know what it was at the time, I didn't even know they had numbness, we hadn't been friends long) and I was telling her I felt like my belly was numb. She asked what some of my SX were (she know I had Fibro) and I told her (slurred speech, loss of word, memory loss, dizziness, IBS, etc) , she didn't say anything. We get to the store and I check to see if I'm really numb while still in the van. I was numb from the very top of my tights to my lower ribs all the way around. She goes Hmmm, I go WHAT? She said I have had that a lot. We get out of the van, she said look down all the way, "OK" I say and I did, I had a pain run down my back. I said what the xxx, she laughed and said it was nick named "the barber shop buzz". Than she asked if I had ever been tested for MS. That numbness stayed about a month, after a week the area of numbness got smaller and smaller until it was gone.

Well I go to the Dr for testing and after blood work and an MRI (with-out contrast) I'm told, it's not MS must just be the fibro.

I didn't really have much happen until the end of Dec. last year, just slurred speech that would come and go, dizziness that would come and go, odd tingling that would come and go (like a bug crawling on you), small areas of numbness (hands mostly). And looking back now it was the summer time when it would act up more, this is the 1st time I have had a lot going on in the winter.

DX with Fibromyalgia, 1998
DX with MCS (Multiple Chemical Sensitivity), June 2008
DX with Food Allergies, wheat, sesame, fresh pineapple

momXseven is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
sugarboo (02-22-2008)