View Single Post
Old 02-22-2008, 04:35 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default A heads up

Like Jo said that is really too close to surgery. If you had a C-section they would not have you perform an FCE under restrictions, why if you had a TOS surgery? On the other had you show up, you evaluate what they ask you to do, DO NOT PUT YORSELF IN HARM! If it is moveing items, lifting attempt to grasp, IT WILL HURT and state, I tried and it caused me pain in my etc, relate what you felt and where.

I would not even lift soup cans, if one only and asked to lift a second be atune to your body.
Remember in a function capacity, if you lift it once, they will only state you could lift, move, carry, not that you can only do one or SHOULD only do one a shift.

The most important thing, as a friend on the forum went through hers last year, she ended up in an extrem flare, long term and never would this information be in their report.

I would get a doctors not from the surgeon to state extrem, nearly no activity except incidental to take care of personal needs during the day, a NO WORK order so they can not ask you to do wprk related items.

They feel, if you can do an FCE two weeks after surgery, then you can go back to work.
These people do not understand, they are being paid by the insurance carrier to just see you do something and document you did it. No concern that it caused you injury, flare, or will harm you.
That is my experiance.
Keep us posted
di

Pocono area, PA

DiMarie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
johannakat (02-22-2008), Jomar (02-23-2008)