View Single Post
Old 02-22-2008, 07:15 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Bryanna and others, dental implants

Hi, I'm new and about to have dental implants. Scares me to death because all the dentists I've talked with have given me conflicting information. I just had the impressions made. I'm going to a state dental school to have the work done.

Information from the residents in the pros department has been corrected by the head of the department. This has happened each time I've been there.
When he leaves, they turn back into their previous selves and give me different info.

The surgical department has already taken out six lower teeth. There are five left to extract before they put in the titanium implants. Now they tell me that they may have to do bone grafts before that. The initial surgeon did not feel there would be that need, but he was operating when I was there, so all I saw were the residents and interns.

No one is coordinating this process. I'm 77, in poor health but have my doctor's okay to do this. I can't talk with them when all this stuff is in my mouth. They usually aren't there when it's out.

I've been running into age discrimination for a long time, so I'm used to it. It just doesn't help me when I'm being talked to like " there, there little lady, don't you worry". Well, I do. Does anyone know what I mean?

Enough for now. Jon
jon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote