View Single Post
Old 02-22-2008, 08:48 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

This is a very interesting and stimulating topic. It sure shows that there is a lot going on here, even more than everyone realizes.

One of the things I have learned from my doctors on the subject of nerve damage and bloodflow, is that the nerves are actually the first to feel the effects of ischemia. They are much more sensitive than all the other tissues in our limbs.

Quote:
In IRI (and RSD), some of them don’t die. They remain adhesive, and when two or three of them pass through OFR damaged capillary walls they enter the venule, adhere to it, and completely plug it forever. Blood enters the capillary through the arteriole, and returns to the vein through the venule, so when the venules are plugged, blood stops flowing; resulting in cyanosis and tissue hypoxia.
What Vic is explaining right here is that the blood stops flowing, and when that happens...so does the oxygen. Plus these ofr's are traveling through the bloodstream. Wouldnt this help to spread the RSD symptoms throughout the body?

It also would explain why in most cases it stays in the limbs, as this is where there are more venules to plug.

I know Im not a doctor, but I sure can follow a map

Great stuff Sandra!

Gone Squatchin
allentgamer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Sandel (02-23-2008)