View Single Post
Old 02-22-2008, 09:29 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by numb View Post
Hi All,
May i ask you all to clarify something for me? I myself also in need of a surgery for my pelvic pain-to release the pudendal nerve. I deferred this as i am afraid of spreading. But i may really need it done so that i may have a chance to be able to sit again without pain in my buttom. My RSD has already spread from hands to arms to feet to joints. What kind of blocks should be done to prevent my RSD from spreading into my pelvic area-SGB or LGB. Should the blocks be done prior to the procedure as well as after?
Numb
Tayla & Ada thanks for the info which I've passed on to my husband.

Debbie - did you have blocks prior to your hip replacement? I'm so sorry that your experience has been so painful.

Numb - My husband's doctor is actually recommending a very agressive approach. He recommends that my husband have two or three blocks prior to surgery to help calm his RSD. Then he will go into the hospital one day prior to surgery for iv infusions. He will also stay for two days after the surgery for ketamine and other medication infusions. I hope you have a good doctor that can work with your surgeon. Best wishes to you.
Teresa112757 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote