View Single Post
Old 02-22-2008, 10:27 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Confused Mri results how do they determine signficance?

Hey everyone.

I just wanted to thank everyone for all the help on my old thread. I am going to definitely be talking to my neurosurgeon or neurologist whoever comes first about the tens/ems.

I got a copy of the results from my last mri *finally*. Everything says normal on it except for these:

Disc space: No significant narrowing.

Bones: No fractures or osseous leasions.

Central canal: No significant stenosis.

How exactly do they determine if it is significant or not?? I am in a huge amount of pain for it all to be for no reason.

My previous Mri from a different hospital was:
Axial images show minimal osteophytes on the left at c3-c4resulting in mild narrowing of the intervertebral foreman.There is no evidence of disc protrusion or spinal stenosis.

Oh yes, & I had to go almost all day without pain meds yesterday, because my neurosurgeon says that I am going through them to quick. My script is for Norco & it says I am allowed to take 1-2 every 4 - 6 hours for pain as needed with a bottle of 40. I generally take 1 every 4 hours
awake time, it's enough to cut the edge off, but doesn't completely relieve all the pain. I worry about the long term affects of being on narcotics. Anyways, the bottle does not last that long. Sorry just a vent. I see her next month & will discuss changing scripts then.

Thanks.
Flustered....again Probably always :P
Flustered is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote