View Single Post
Old 02-22-2008, 11:21 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Too many lesions to count...

I, too, was diagnosed out of the blue...right side of my face went numb on December 22....thought i had pinched nerve near my jaw. Had double vision on Jan 2. Saw neuro on Jan 4 - had MRI - he called two hours later to tell me I had MS. Out of nowhere.

No neuro will give me the count of lesions - "too many to count" - and "at a certain point we no longer count" - those phrases echo through my ears constantly. I've also been told that it doesn't necessarily matter how many lesions - but where they are. Of course, mine also aren't in good places (as if there are "good places" for there to be holes in your brain!?).... Several of my lesions are also larger than 1cm and 1.5cms. I guess most lesions range from 3-9mm in size. 1.5cm doesn't sound too good to me. Lesions aren't like diamonds...bigger isn't better.

It was seven weeks ago today. I've just finished my second round of i/v steroids.

I just turned 32 last month.

My neuro said it is uncommon (though not unheard of) for it to come on this out of the blue - but that when it does - it is usually bad and aggressive. I dunno. I'm still in disbelief myself. Keep telling myself this can't be happening - keep ignoring the walker sitting in my living room...the shower chair in my bathroom....the handicap placard in my car (for when I'm not too dizzy to drive).

Everyone tells me that it takes time to adjust - I guess I can tell you the same thing - but I dunno....I think that's my new phrase - I dunno. I don't know much anymore.

I'm sorry you're going thru this - but know you're not alone - I, too, have many lesions, plaques, holes...black spots - I saw the actual MRI pictures. Still have nightmares from it.

~Keri
RedPenguins is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote