View Single Post
Old 02-22-2008, 11:31 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Hello, Sheena and welcome to NeuroTalk.

I am very sorry you have this disease

There are no rules for MS - you can have alot of lesions and very little disability or just a few lesions and be more disabled. Lesions do not always tell the story of this disease or how you may or may not feel at any given time.

It's really too soon for your neuro to know your MS is severe. It takes time to see what the disease does or doesn't do.

The most common "type" of MS is relapsing/remitting (RRMS). You can be at your very worst (exacerbation/relapse) wondering if this is it - is this what my life is going to be like. Then over time (possibly months) you start to notice symptoms aren't as bad or your walking a little more/better - remission is happening.

Remission doesn't necessarily mean you are back to your old self. You could still have symptoms and possibly some difficulties but your not as bad as in the begining.

When I was diagnosed (dx'd) and for many years afterward I worried and wondered about worst case senarios. It's been 22 years and my worst fears have never happened. Now, I'm just thankful for what I do have - my husband of 26 years, our children (16 & 18) who were born after my dx and my life.

Hang in there, Sheena and talk to us - we understand.