View Single Post
Old 02-23-2008, 01:06 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Sheena,

One of the very first people I met on the MS boards, several years back, was a wonderful lady who had a 13 yr son who was given a MS dx. He had in excess of 100 lesions, on first count.

He tried various medications, and in the end his mother got him onto an alternative treatment. He is now about 21 yrs old, has finished school, he got into college, and hasn't had any big problems along the way.

I had my first attack in 1991, and was paralyzed. The odds were 66% that I would be permanently disabled in a big way, and even a large chance I would be bedridden from the get-go. Those are the odds they gave me. I recovered and went another 12 yrs before I even experienced another attack. I recovered from that one too.

Don't let anyone tell you, at this point in the game, that you are not going to be ok. They just can't possibly know that, like Snoopy said.

Cherie