View Single Post
Old 02-23-2008, 03:32 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thank you for the reply.I have got one child whose been ill the last couple of days so haven't been able to reply.The 8 year old was also off school yesterday,he had really bad stomach pains .I think his has been to do with big changes at school which has made him more anxious.My son likes to do things right and follow most of the rules,he hates being told off,even for something very small.Usually ending up crying ,then when he gets home very aggressive especially towards me.The school have started a new behaviour system.There is a hoop in the play ground which happens to also be just outside the heads office window.If a child is naughty they have to go and stand in the hoop for the rest of the playtime so all the other children and head can see them.My son was already anxious about school this has made things worse.Since a new boy has started in his class all I hear is 'I want to move schools'',Do you know what Jakes done?''I wish I could just die,anything would be better than this''.etc.The sad thing is I know he really means it.He even says he doesn't even need his family.
I hope you are getting out of your slump,it doesn't take as long to get in one as it does to get out.You said you have done it before,have belief you can do it again.I'm glad you have a good self esteem,think thats what really helps you pull yourself back up.I'm not saying its easy you know you have been there before.I sometimes re-read books and some phrase or even just words help me. Take Care .