View Single Post
Old 02-23-2008, 07:21 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi, I'm still hurting from my fce from last year. I was tested for grip strengths,standing, walking,stairs,low level work,reaching, trunk and neck bending, trunk and neck twisting,hand function, lifting, carrying, pushing as measured by a gauge.
All I can say I tried everything they asked. I would also caution that when you start having more pain and symptoms, stop what you are doing! Tell the examiner what hurts. Don't keep going. These tests are measured for objective evidence not subjective. But only you know what your capable of, so don't injure yourself further and do more harm to yourself. Why so soon after surgery? It's awful. I was given a heart monitor to wear durning testing. My fce was done over 2 days. Honestly, be careful, don't push yourself. If you can go easy on the pain meds for that day. I only say this because if your using meds. for pain control they will cloud your pain and judgement. Good luck. I wish I could type more and be more specific but I'm still in extreme pain after my fall on the ice last week, gosh flat on my back and of course wacked my head off the ice.
hairdresser is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DiMarie (02-23-2008), johannakat (02-23-2008), Jomar (02-23-2008)