View Single Post
Old 02-23-2008, 11:39 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lailavia View Post
I am set up for one at a Spine Center/Pain Managent Place the 22 June. I have severe pain in my right thigh, and was referred by rheumatologist. Sounds like you can only have one series a year, may or may not help, but may provide permanent relief? Doctor said (he is an anethesiologist) if it doesn't work they will try other things.

I'm kind of worried about side effects and wondering if anyone got relief and if not what is next? I have herniated disks he is thinking causing nerve root problems. He said my mri didn't even look that bad but this pain is awful.

I have fibro and have ultram and zanaflex, he didn't want to give me anything elst for now so as not to mask the pain before the shot.
My only experience with an epidural was about 41 yrs. ago when I was giving birth to my son Then it was a popular procedure just prior to birth to give a spinal epidural.

I had to sit on the side of the 'bed/gurney/what ever they call it in delivery) and bend forward (thats fun when you are giving birth by the way).

It hurt briefly and it was mostly a sting like you get when an needle goes in.

The epidural itself pretty much dulls the pain of the injection!

It's a localized thing in my case back then and wears off fast.

Anyway, I've had way worse things and at the time I welcomed the epi!

Tootsie