View Single Post
Old 02-23-2008, 04:24 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tayla4me View Post
Hi Allen,

This is what occurs in Peripheral vascular disease when there is permanent damage to the small vessels in the periphery. The skin becomes cyanosed and stays cyanosed as the vessels rarely improve their status.
As most of us with CRPS have TRANSIENT cyanosis accompanied often by a myriad of all clours of the rainbow then we do not have permanently plugged vessels as they do not have the capacity to suddenly unclog and get a blood supply.
The transient changes are a typical autonomic nerve response.
Some people with CRPS may also have peripheral vascular disease and thus permanent cyanosis and sometimes with worsening CRPS as vasoconstriction becomes more of an issue then cyanosis maybe there much of the time.

I have as severe CRPS as can be had, I have cyanosis sometimes but more often I am bright red and burning---a sign of vasodilation and not of clogged peripheral veins.

This is a highly discussed and often emotive topic but it must be continued to be discussed .
Cheers and hope you are doing OK
Tayla

Tayla,
I also am more like you in that I have the bright red & burning happening more than any cyanosis. In fact my feet are cold only when they become cold due to being down or on the floor or out in the car but especially shopping. I haven't had the actual bluish/purplish colors even mildly since the first LSB's were done. And most of the swelling is gone also. Except for them becoming too tight after wearing them for long periods I still need to wear size 11 wide width shoes. But early in the day can wear size 10 med width shoes. And I have RSD in both feet, and it happened at the same exact time, altho the left is worse.

In the beginning years, been at this for 5 yrs, altho only 4 have been DX'ed, they never became cold no matter the weather conditions. Just each yr now in winter becomes worse, & even some summer days they can become cool to cold feeling.

DebbyV
Debby is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote