Thread: Bone Spurs
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2008, 05:30 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

My bone spur is prominent and compressing the thecal sack, causing some pressure on the cord itself (C spine, as I mentioned). Someday, I will likely have to have that thing removed.

The pain clinic is the place for the ESIs. I've heard people say there is not the pain with Lumbar ones as with C spine - I can't say, since I never had them. And I've heard people say they get versed with C spine ones, and that it's *not right* to do it without. This is NOT what my doc says, and I trust him. He says he needed to know what I felt even though it was pretty brutal. How else would we know if he was getting the right nerve?

Now my case may not be normal because I have crossed nerves - my left arm nerve is abnormal, and he has to inject somewhere in the right side to get theat area. So maybe that's why I have to go without the versed.

How versed would even help that pain, who knows. I didn't do much for the facet joint, why would it do anything for the ESI, I wonder?

Anyhoo, I figure it's no biggie. So what if the shot hurts? I hurt like that every day.

If a shot makes it go away, cool beans.

Anyhoo, good luck. It's hard to know what's the right thing to do. None of it sounds good. There never seems to be a right answer.