View Single Post
Old 02-23-2008, 09:50 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by morningside28@hotma View Post
Hi there everyone! I was diagnosed with ACM I 4 years ago. My first symptom was Horners syndrome and headaches. I have had lots of symptoms develop, constant fatigue, tinnitus, dizziness, nausea and recently I started with agonising pain behind my eye like an ice-pick which then went down my face and into my jaw and even my teeth! I had to lie down after taking painkillers and wait until it subsided. I visited my GP who prescribed a codeine phosphate and paracetamol preparation to take with the ibuprofen that I usually take, as that alone was not controlling the pain. This seems to have done the trick and although I do still get the pain I can get it under control. However, I had an appointment with my neurologist yesterday and have been prescribed a cocktail of new drugs. Dacortin, a steroid at 30mgs daily. Manidon or Verapamil as it is also called, 160mgs daily, Pantoprazol 40mgs daily, (which is similar to Omeprazole I believe), and Zomig 5mgs a day. I had to have a ECG, which was fine, but when I asked why I needed it was told I had to have it before I commenced on my new medication. I am rather alarmed at all this as I have enough problems without having new side effects from the medication. I made it quite clear that the pain was under control at the present time, but there is a language barrier as I live in the Canary Islands and do not speak very good Spanish! (That is an understatement!) My partner was a nurse and has advised me to seek advice before commencing on this new regime. Surely any medication that requires a ECG to be taken before you can take it is not to be taken lightly! My partner says it seems like they are taking a sledge hammer to crack a nut and is most concerned. I would like to add that I am a 61 year old male with no previous medical history. I am overweight now due to the constant fatigue and not working. I am a smoker of over 40 years, sorry! I do have borderline high cholesterol and blood glucose levels but am not on any medication for that. In fact the only medication I do take is the painkillers as mentioned and Cymbalta, a anti-depressivant. Which I have been taking for the last 2 years now as it is very depressing having ACM I!
I would value any thoughts, comments, opinions on what I should do.
i think you should take your meds .
zomig is for headaches
pantoprazole is for reflux
verapamil is for bloodpressure
the doc knows what he is doing..the meds is for a specific thing . i could see it if they were all for the same thing . but , look them up they all have a purpose
ke4uzj is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote