View Single Post
Old 02-24-2008, 01:58 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Terry!
My name is Linnie and I was first diagnosed with RSD when I was 12 as well. I went to PT for a long time, and my symptoms kept getting worse. No one would listen to me (I was literally tied to the exercise bike at one point) and wrote me off as being whiny. Then, like some intervention by the universe, my PT went on vacation and I got a new PT. She finally listened. But my RSD was completely exacerbated. It wouldn't be as bad all these years later if someone had just listened. And no ice!

I just want to beg you to listen to your son while he is undergoing this intensive PT. With RSD, the phrase "no pain no gain" is most often a bunch of BS and is what got us here in the first place. I know how traumatic it was to be in so much pain but nobody listened to me because it was "for my own good". And at that age I was desperate to do anything to make it all stop so that my parents would stop worrying. Just keep an eye out- PT can be damaging too. Hopefully it works for you guys.

Also, sometimes neurontin and clonidine have to be continued for quite some time before they become effective, and they can help to prevent spread. Just something to think about!
Linnie
Lynns409 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote