View Single Post
Old 02-24-2008, 09:44 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolarExpress View Post
This will never make any newspapers, but I have to share this..Where I work, they have a "policy" that says you can be 3 min late to work, but if you're 4 minutes late a few times, they will make you take a week off without pay. The next time it happens, you're fired..
Now, I have sick time, vacation time, and FMLA, and I followed all the "rules", but this winter has been particularly rough on me, and I have been 4-5 minutes late more than once (I start at 6am)..Just came off my "week off" last Tuesday. Now, I am dealing with this through the proper channels (ADA, etc) and it will be worked out, but:
On Friday, my co-workers handed me a large cold storage carrier with roast, hamburger etc, money to make up for the lost week's wages, and gift certificates for gas and groceries. They gave me cards in which they wrote beautiful thoughts of support and friendship. How incredible is that?
I've always been blessed with wonderful people in my life, but this was an amazing surprise. They all work hard for what they have, and yet selflesslessly shared with another in need. I will always be touched by this, and don't know how I'll ever let them know that..But I'll find a way to try!

This kind of story just makes me smile. It's friends like these that show up when the chips are down - never looking for repayment - just "paying it forward".

They will be rewarded for their kindness. Maybe not specifically from you but they will reap the benefits from their selfless act tenfold.

I am a firm believer in Karma. You reap what you sow. If you steal $10 from your fellow human being then I believe you'll lose $10 (or more) somewhere along the way. If you help a person out in their time of need you will be blessed with more than you gave. I've seen it happen.

Thank you for sharing this - it's stories like this that reaffirm to me that there is hope for our world.
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ewizabeth (02-24-2008), PolarExpress (02-24-2008)