View Single Post
Old 02-24-2008, 10:07 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

Earl,

You're not being paranoid - you're being practical and realistic. Especially in this day and age people will do just about anything if they get desperate enough.

Those of us who are not as mobile as others especially need the added security. Your cameras will prove to be more of an added security to you than the alarm system.

My son (a police officer) told me that they get hundreds of "alarm" calls each week and most of them are nothing. The alarm has been tripped either by the power going off and then on again or even the homeowner themselves.

If you've ever seen the commercials for ADT and other home alarm systems each one shows the homeowner at home when the breakin occurs. If they are not at home and contact cannot immediately be made to confirm the actual breakin or medical emergency it can take anywhere from 5 minutes to a half hour before the local law enforcement agency is contacted by the alarm company.

I have an alarm system in my home (it was already in place when I moved in) and it costs me $29 a month but I feel safer with it because I am home 99 % of the time during the day and it makes me feel much more secure.
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote