View Single Post
Old 02-24-2008, 02:33 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clouds z View Post
I don't really like Wikipedia since anyone can change the information on there... but that is not the point.

I guess I'm sort of qualified to talk about the cell phone radiation thing... since my father has owned a cell phone company for almost 20 years.

My Dad talks on a cell phone probably more than most of the people on this board combined... lol

He can go through 8,000 minutes a month on a busy month, on TWO phones. (One business, one personal.) So a total of 16,000 minutes a month. (I'm guessing it's around 10,000 minutes a month total on regular months. 5 hours a day is about right.)

You rarely see him without a phone attached to his head. He almost always uses the cell phones since he isn't at the office or house a whole lot.

So on average he likely has spent 108,000 minutes on cell phones in 1 year.

He's been doing that for the last 19 years. That is 2,052,000 minutes. (Good thing I have a calculator, math is my worst subject...)

My Dad is the healthiest family member.

I have MS, my mother has a laundry list of issues and my brother isn't healthy either. My Mom is the worst of us and she doesn't even use 50 minutes a month on her cell phone.

So..... I think that pretty much gives my opinion on the subject. As well as making me realize my father would likely die without his cell phone. Geez!

SilverLining is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote