View Single Post
Old 02-24-2008, 08:06 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Unhappy MG Progressing- my neuro wants to look further

Hi All,

My one year milestone of diagnosis is quickly approaching (late Feb)-Anyway, I went to see my new Neurologist last week. (My previous neuro relocated) My symptoms seem to be getting worse (increased fatigue, on & off drooping eyelids & double vision, muscle weakness in my legs). The Dr. is concerned about the progression of symptoms & is feeling that the MG is no longer occular, but possibly generalizing. He sent me for a chest CAT to check my thymus. (i hope to get results Tues.) He has also talked about IVIG treatments as a possbile option for me. I am currently taking mestinon (3x / day) & only use prednisone when I am having "an episode." Steroids are not an option for me for ongoing treatment because of my complicated med. history. I am trying to be positive, but am really struggling! I just had a complete hysterectomy in Oct. 06. I am the mother of two young boys, a wife, and a full-time teacher. I just cannot face another surgery. I don't mean to "dump" here, but it's hard to find people that really understand. Anyway, any insight or feedback from others facing this terrible illness/ disability & all that goes w/ it, is greatly appreciated. I hope you all are doing well. Peace.

Nancy Lee
nancylee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote